Thursday, July 28, 2005

Funk ......

I'm in a funk. Can't seem to win at poker and frustrated that I'm not traveling the world with my woman. I used up all my vacation to start this Quiznos business. Now I have to wait until next year to get some more vacation.

Although there is a silver lining. I've been with IBM long enough that I get 4 weeks of regular vacation. Add all the optional and site holidays and it is really about 6 weeks.

I am looking forward to tonight's poker game. There will just be a few people and I'm starting everyone with more chips. Looking forward to just hanging out and shooting the shit with people.

Maybe I should tackle some of the stuff on my "Life List". I started it years ago on my old WorkPad C3. I haven't looked at it in awhile, so lets put it on the table :

retire @ 50
Build 1969 Gto w/blower
Move into million dollar home
Have net worth of $1,000,000
Touch the Eiffel tower - 9/2002
Volunteer @ retirement home - poker game
Ride hot air balloon
Hang glide
Be naked for entire weekend
Go to Australia where Survivor shot
crash a wedding reception
world series of poker
visit the great wall of China
learn to fly
learn to play guitar
fall in real love - 4/9/2001
walk on the moon
travel in space
Drive on Autobahn
Cruise on Rt 66
Cruise up and down PCH 1

Hmmmmmm ... got a couple of them off the list. Looks like I was even ahead of my time with the "crash a wedding reception" thing. Maybe I could have starred in that Wedding Crashers movie :-) .... hmmm 69 GTO looks like it could be accomplished this weekend. Then I could use that to hit the last three on the list. But what does it cost to ship a car to Europe ?

Got to love google ... I can ship a car to Europe for about $1000

All righty, I'm off to crash a wedding in my 69 GTO !!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott, Just make sure that on that naked weekend, you STAY INSIDE!!

PrettyPokerBoy said...

Too late ;-)

sdRay said...

If you love impala then you'll love my web site impala. I've been involved with impala since 1960 and my impala web site has been up since 1995. If you love impala you need to check it out. Thanks for letting me post on your blog.