Saturday, May 28, 2005

First night in Vegas

Arrived safe and sound. Checked into the Renaissance. Nice hotel, flat panel TV and great decor.

Jeff and I headed out to the Alladin to start the night off. The monorail station is right by our hotel. Very convienient.

I sat down to the $2-5 no limit table and bought in for $500. Jeff sat down at the $1-2 no limit table. I played from 10:00pm to 1:30am and was very tight. I might have played 4 hands in the first 2 hours. I wasn't getting shit for cards. Half the table were the "semi-pros" ..... the ones that talk all the crap about bad beats and how they used to play in the $10-20 no limit at Bellagio, but lost $60K in 3 days so they are back grinding it out at Alladin. I guess it could be true, and I guess monkey's could fly out of my butt !

I was up and down until about 11:45pm, then I was down about $100. I kept my calm and waited for position and hands to come to me. We got down to 5 handed and I got heads up with a guy when I had AKs in the SB. I raised pre-flop and got two callers. I lost the 2nd one on the 9-10-x flop with 2 of my suite and I bet $75 into a $65 pot. The turn was another crap card. I bet again and he called again, and I thought, "Crap, I'm in trouble now." For some reason I had him on the same flush draw as me. I didn't have too good a read on him because he was new to the table. The river was a J. It made me stop and think that it might have also been on a straight draw. I picked up a stack of red $5 chips, $100 in all and thought for about a minute and a half. Then I checked and he thought for a moment and checked behind me. This was a big mistake on my part. I should have bet if I put him on a flush draw. It would give me 2 chances to win the pot. I said, "Ace high". He said, "Nice hand" and I dragged the pot. Big pot, but I think I played it horribly.

I cashed out at 1:30 for $602 for a profit of $102. Not too bad a start.

We are hitting the Wynn and MGM Grand tomorrow.

So I added to my bankroll. My goal is to have the winnings pay for 2 entries into Sunday's tourney at the Palms. Noon and 7pm with a $230 buy in and one $200 rebuy.

Haven't seen any celebrities yet, got to remember the camera tomorrow.

0 comments: